Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Odds and ends

I was planning another nutrition entry for this week, but I had some sort of stomach flu yesterday and the last thing I can think about today is food. I am currently willing the dry piece of toast that I ate for breakfast to stay down and doing my best to fend off another pity party.

Earlier this week, I gave my blog a new header using a very easy and intuitive online photo editor called Picnik. This was much simpler to use than Photoshop, didn't require any software downloads, and was free! With the help of The Blog Guidebook, where I found a great tutorial that included the key piece of information that I had been missing - dimensions - I was able to try my hand at very basic graphic design. What do you think? Not time to quit my day job, I know. But it was a fun diversion for a few hours.


Another new addition to the blog is "Artwork of the Week," which I have added to the left hand margin. I pulled my college art history textbook, Janson's History of Art, down off the shelf the other day and just the smell of the pages brought me back to Professor Chapell's lecture hall at dear old William and Mary. Would you believe that he tiny slips of adhesive paper that I used as a study aide to cover the captions below each panel are still in place?


In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped us out over the past 6 weeks. I'm half-way to 36 weeks from where I started at 23 weeks, so time is passing, albeit slowly. My own little turkey continues to bake inside, which is where he should be, and I'm extraordinarily thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment